The world of web design is quickly changing and if you aren’t careful enough, you might get left behind. Remember, as technology changes and advances, so will web design. However, there are instances where modern web design can affect the website negatively. How is this so? Isn’t conforming to the modern technologies and tools used in modern web design necessary in order to keep up? Yes, but not always. There will always be complications to this. Progress can sometimes hinder itself when left unchecked.
Right now, web designers have an assortment of tools that they can use to make websites look cooler. However, not all of these tools are helpful or necessary for the website’s growth. Remember, you don’t always have to be updated with the latest trends or technology. You should be able to filter out the things that can prove useful for your website from the things that can’t.
Here are some instances where modern web design gets in the way of conversion.
- With Distracting Animation. Animation, when used the right way, can help the website become more engaging. It can also help the visitors to be directed to the website’s more important areas. However, excessive use or misuse of animation can turn on your website. Instead of making your website engaging, it will become chaotic and even confusing to your visitors.
- Extremely Complicated Navigation. Navigation plays a great role in the usability and user experience of the website. Remember that you only have a few seconds to gain the attention of a potential customer that is why it is important that all the necessary and relevant information is easily accessible. Unfortunately, this can be hard to achieve when the navigation is too complex for the user to comprehend or if it is difficult to find.
- Ineffective Call to Actions. Call to actions also play an important role in converting traffic into sales but if a call-to-action is hidden or ineffective, then it is practically useless.
- Slow Loading Speed. Page abandonment is one of the biggest problems that websites suffer from. Unfortunately, if your website has a slow loading speed due to all the unnecessary elements that are intended to make your website look cooler it can greatly contribute to page abandonment.
If you are looking for ways to improve your web design for conversion, try seeking out the help of established professionals such as Perth Web Design. You can check them out at www.perth-web-design.com.au/perth-web-design-services/web-design/.
Have you ever wondered why most successful companies are successful? There can only be one answer to that: “great products coupled with great product design”. Of course, there would have to be other factors as well that are at play like the company’s quality of service, customer experience, marketing, but none as important as the product itself because the products are the very reason why customers are there in the first place.
For this reason, it is important that you give enough focus on product design. Try to make them as appealing as possible to attract more customers. You can make use of product designer software and other platforms related to that but in the end, your product would have to appeal to the consumers. What’s more important is that your products actually work. You can enhance the appearance of your product over and over but unless it actually works, only then would consumers pile up.
Here are some effective tips for bringing out great product design as shared by Apple.
- Improve on quality. There can only be improvements in your product design. What you should do is to always think of ways to improve the quality of your products in order to further strengthen their effectiveness not only in terms of application but in market performance as well.
- Never be afraid of changes. Do not fear change. Have you ever noticed the changes in the Apple products over the years? There are always lots of changes, products morphing into better products. Let change be constant and improvements even more.
- Always stay ahead. Always strive to be the best in your trade and never ever let go of that seat.
- Never rush. You should always spend a lot of time on product design. Remember, the most effective products takes work and risks.
- Learn to take risks. When your product isn’t working anymore, learn to take risks. Find out what is wrong and make that the center of your improvements. Turn your flaws into assets.
- Consider the customers. Every complaint, compliment and suggestion should be heard because the customers DO count. Customers know what other customers want.
- Be consistent. Once you begin something, make sure to persist on it. The most successful product designs are those that are consistent, high quality, appealing and ones that actually work!
No one can ever deny how powerful the internet has become today. From business transactions to personal communications and relationships, the internet just seems to have it all. Now, even with the journalistic responsibility, the internet is moving to the limelight. More and more people are now depending on internet sites to be updated on the latest events all around the world. And while the top method where people get news is still the television, it is closely follow by the internet. In fact, according to research, since 2009, the increase of the number of people focusing more on online news platforms is consistent. And this is the same way that from those years, a huge 12% drop was noted with the people who get their news through printed materials like newspapers and newsletters.
What Makes People Prefer Internet News Sites?
People today are more used to having everything in an instant. With the continuous growth of the tech industry, the society is getting more used to a fast-paced lifestyle. Everything is fast. Even just a simple 1-second delay irritates them. This is also why more and more people prefer internet news sites which are accessible with a click of a button rather than waiting for the news program’s timeslot on television. But besides that, there are a lot more advantages that internet news sites provide compared to other news mediums.
• Internet news costs nothing compared to printed news.
• When reading or watching news online, other tasks can be accomplished simultaneously.
• The sites are updated 24/7 so if something happens, it will be posted instantly on the websites
• There are a lot of internet news sites to choose from.
• People get a lot more information from internet news sites since they also feature links which are connected to the news posted.
• There is an active participation of the people in the site since forums and comment sections exist.
With lots of information uploaded to the internet nowadays, news stories are only some of those. But with how fast and easy the distribution of stories is when made online, it is not surprising that a lot of people now prefer it compared to the traditional journalism medium.
A new mobile phone application called ENDUI is being funded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to help people avoid getting a DUI or into serious trouble. If a person is not sure how many drinks he had or how drunk he really is then the app will give him an idea and even help him get a ride home.
This exceptional app works when someone who is planning on drinking enters his sex, height, weight, and most importantly the number of alcoholic drinks he had consumed. The app then will help figure out just how much is a person’s blood-alcohol level. To further test the person’s drunkenness, he may play from the two interactive games available to see how long the reaction time and test the cognitive agility. ENDUI also uses GPS technology – after proving that a person is drink then it can call a cab and save the phone number of the designated driver.
The application, pronounced as End DUI, was announced by Maryland government and police officials last Thursday. The money for drunken-driving education is used to fund the app. It is only one among other efforts by the state to fight drunken driving.
The app, costing $50,000, is developed by Maryland Highway Safety Office. The app is unique and will target a lot of consumers since everyone has a mobile phone and always go out with one. It is the best medium to reach out to them and the ENDUI app is only the start of more wonderful apps.
New York, New Mexico, Colorado, and California are some of the states that launched their own version of the ENDUI app and they launched it two weeks ago. The app is absolutely free regardless of the state and the version it is in. It can be downloaded to both Android powered-phones and iPhones.
One of the games included is following the exact order of the nine road signs shown. As the level increases, the game gets more challenging for the player. While the second game is testing the players agility by measuring how many seconds the player could press the brake button when a pedestrian passes by or one of the cars in front of his stopped.