No one can ever deny how powerful the internet has become today. From business transactions to personal communications and relationships, the internet just seems to have it all. Now, even with the journalistic responsibility, the internet is moving to the limelight. More and more people are now depending on internet sites to be updated on the latest events all around the world. And while the top method where people get news is still the television, it is closely follow by the internet. In fact, according to research, since 2009, the increase of the number of people focusing more on online news platforms is consistent. And this is the same way that from those years, a huge 12% drop was noted with the people who get their news through printed materials like newspapers and newsletters.
What Makes People Prefer Internet News Sites?
People today are more used to having everything in an instant. With the continuous growth of the tech industry, the society is getting more used to a fast-paced lifestyle. Everything is fast. Even just a simple 1-second delay irritates them. This is also why more and more people prefer internet news sites which are accessible with a click of a button rather than waiting for the news program’s timeslot on television. But besides that, there are a lot more advantages that internet news sites provide compared to other news mediums.
• Internet news costs nothing compared to printed news.
• When reading or watching news online, other tasks can be accomplished simultaneously.
• The sites are updated 24/7 so if something happens, it will be posted instantly on the websites
• There are a lot of internet news sites to choose from.
• People get a lot more information from internet news sites since they also feature links which are connected to the news posted.
• There is an active participation of the people in the site since forums and comment sections exist.
With lots of information uploaded to the internet nowadays, news stories are only some of those. But with how fast and easy the distribution of stories is when made online, it is not surprising that a lot of people now prefer it compared to the traditional journalism medium.