Temples are everywhere in Bangkok. Aside from the many accommodations in the city including Novotel in Bangkok, there are also temples located in various parts of the capital. Some of these temples have bells that are tolled at certain times of the day. One of the Bangkok temples that have been in the city for three centuries recently decided to lowers its toll volume after the residents of the nearby luxury condominium complained about the noise level every time the bell tolls at dawn.
The ordered came from the monks of the Wat Sai temple. They have agreed to lower the bell volume when it tolls every 4 in the morning as well as in the evening. The decision came after a complaint was filed by the district office of Bang Kho Laem. The residents of the Star View condominium, an upscale project, are not happy about the noise therefore they decided to file a complaint.
The temple is located in Rama III Road and it has a height of 1.2 meters. It is situated at the top of tower with three stories. Every day, at 4 am, the bell rings out a rhythmic tool that lasts for 20 minutes. According to one of the monks assigned at the Wat Sai temple, Phra Suthicharn Supatto, during the Buddhist Lent which last for three months, the bell is set to ring twice every day. The evening ring lasts for 10 minutes once the clock strikes 6 in the evening. For many years, the bell tolls that way every year and no residents have ever complained, according to Phra Suthicharn.
Abbot Preecha Poonnalo already said that they are not going to stop the bell’s tradition of ringing but rather he has ordered the monks to minimize the noise as much as possible. He added that residents of the complaining high-rise condominium have invited the monks before in their location in order to conduct a religious ritual. To lower the noise, the log the monks are using is exchanged to a smaller one. Guests and staff of other accommodations and hotels like Novotel in Bangkok do not mind such noise as these are a part of the culture and religion of Thailand.
March 31, 2016 – Know that you don’t always need to have a lawyer for every legal matter. Trivial matters such as fighting a speeding ticket or even just making small claims would not need professional legal help as you would be capable of handling them on your own. However, there are many other situations that you might get involved in that would require you to get a lawyer because of the challenge and the risks of the unfortunate predicament. This could either be a bad divorce, DUI violation, lost jobs, lost claims, and even jail time.
Here are the top reasons why you should definitely hire a lawyer.
- Not having a lawyer can cost you. It depends on what’s at stake. If your freedom is at stake then you definitely need a good lawyer unless you want to spend time behind bars. If it’s a civil case, then your finances might get hurt if you don’t have a lawyer backing you up. If you fear that it would cost you a lot by hiring a lawyer, know that most civil lawyers would only charge you if they win the case. Also, you can claim legal fees as plaintiff which means your lawyer can also make you money.
- They can challenge or even suppress evidence. Lawyers would be able to challenge evidence against you especially if the circumstances from which they were obtained are improper. They would also be able to tell if a testimony made by witness contradicts an earlier statement.
- They know the proper legal procedures. You may experience difficulty with following deadlines and protocol when filing certain legal documents or if you file them incorrectly, then the case or the legal procedure will be delayed or get thrown.
- They know a lot of other professionals. Lawyers work within a network of highly trained professionals, which means they know a lot of people who can help you get out of a certain predicament.
- The law is vast and complicated. The law is very complicated that is why you shouldn’t try to act like a lawyer. Remember, even highly experienced lawyers don’t represent themselves in court. Even if you have a solid case, with the law, things can quickly change when you don’t have a good lawyer so if you are looking for good lawyers, visit FRANK Legal & Tax Advisers in Bangkok.
March 28, 2016 – If you’re new to plumbing and contracting, you probably have numerous enthusiastic ideas that may or may not take your business to the next level. However, enthusiasm sometimes also has its fails. There are times when plumbers and plumbing contractors fall prey to bad practices and habits that they don’t realize is ruining their careers and business.
If you’re just starting with your career, then it would be good for you to avoid the following plumbing fails.
- Become the low price leader. Trying to be the low price leader is nearly impossible because there will always be someone who is trying to be. Doing this can damn your business into failure.
- Focusing on the trade alone. You spend most of your day billing as many minutes as possible and not giving trainings and seminars a second thought. This is a bad habit. Not only can trainings and seminars give you new ideas, enhance your skills and even learn about new technologies, attending them also increases your credibility.
- Not trying new things. You always stick to what has always worked. In some ways this could be good but on the other hand, it keeps you limited. Remember, the world is changing rapidly and if you’re not careful, you’d get stuck within the confines of the old traditional ways and get left behind by the much progressive and modern world.
- Rejecting employee uniforms. You feel as if wearing a uniform in your company is just a waste of time and resources. But remember this: uniforms make you more presentable and can give you a professional vibe that tells people to trust you.
- Not expanding. You are just content with the business you have today and the jobs you are getting without prior need for expansion. However, businesses are meant to be expanded and improved. Never reject the opportunities that come your way and be open to all the possibilities.
- Charging based on time and material. This will not make you look like an honest person. Instead, it would make you look greedy. People trust plumbers who present their customers with a flat rate.
- Not marketing enough. You only trust that your customers would spread the news about your company. With all the marketing opportunities present in today’s generation, it would be folly not to expand your horizons and try them. If you take time to research, you would find out that the successful plumbing companies like Pro-Jett Rotherham are those who make use of multiple marketing strategies such as online marketing.
March 10, 2016 – There is no doubt about the usefulness of bathroom vanities. They provide a lot convenience in the bathroom. If you wish to add more space so that you would have a place to store your bathroom towels, hygienic products and your toiletries, then you should definitely add a vanity unit in your bathroom. However, if you think that bathroom vanities are just for additional space and storage, that is where you’re wrong. Bathroom vanities are also a good way to enhance the appearance of your bathroom. How is this possible? Well, vanity units often come in different and exciting designs, colors and styles and because of this reason, it wouldn’t be too hard to find a unit that would fit your bathroom’s style.
Bathroom vanities are primarily used to increase the storage of bathrooms and they have been doing so for over a hundred years now. But in recent times, the motivation to buy and add bathroom vanities is mostly driven by their ability to greatly enhance a bathroom’s appearance turning a plain bathroom into a work of art. The styles and designs of bathroom vanities have crossed over from classical to modern, country, techno and even luxury. Also, vanity units can now be designed to be mounted on walls which make them more convenient and can save more space.
The market for bathroom vanities would include both the inexpensive and costly varieties. A vanity unit’s durability, appearance and quality would have to depend on how it was made and the materials that were used to make it. Aside from that, prices can also be influenced by the design of the vanity unit as well as its size. So when you choose a vanity unit, make sure that the design and size of thus unit is suitable for your bathroom.
The brand also plays a rather large role in determining the price. You would have to pay more for popular brands because they use higher quality materials and produce more durable units.
When shopping for vanity units, you can either visit a physical store such as those found in malls and other establishments or you can purchase a vanity unit online via online stores like Bathrooms and More Store.
Many businesses expect 2016 as a new beginning for online strategies. Last 2015, businesses saw a lot changes in online advertising and social media including tweaks to SEO. If you don’t want to be left behind by the competitor, make improvements in your online marketing techniques.
Linkedin has long been plagued by spammers and marketers that the social media platform has decided to implement a long awaited improvement. LinkedIn groups will be for invitation only. Groups can be unlisted so that they will no longer appear in the search results. LinkedIn provides more opportunities to sell your products after it has streamlined groups properly. It has built the foundation for more sales in the future.
Facebook advertising does not always provide the best results. It can be real hard identifying your audience and you can never actually predict whether the advertisement will gain the attention of your audience. You can easily build a custom audience for your Facebook page through your email list. People who have been reading your Newsletters are more likely to be receptive enough to what you are selling. Never underestimate the power of email marketing because it is a great way to convince people who are undecided about your product.
Advertising needs a lot of finesse because people usually have different responses. It may appeal to some people but in some instances, it won’t get the response desired. It is important to split test every piece of your advertising. A split test divides the audience in half wherein one half will see one version of the ad while the other half will see a different version. Split test will require at least two or three variations of the ad so that if one is not working, the budget for the other ad can be increased. It is very unlikely that your first advertisement will be favorable.
Ribbons.com is your source for the versatile material that you can use for décor, gift wrapping and crafts. If you want great ideas on how to craft ribbons, you can check out some of the post on Pinterest. You can emulate the crafts or it can be your source of inspiration.
Your family is probably the most valuable thing in your life. Most of your dreams and your goals revolve around the people that you love the most and because of this reason you would always want to maintain their safety. Remember, your home should be the place where your entire family would feel safe the most. That is why you should take the proper safety measures that would ensure the safety and the security of your family. A home security system would greatly help you do this. Here are some reasons why you should install a home security system in your house.
- They protect your home from intruders. This is probably the main reason why you should install a security system at home. According to studies, it has been said that homes without a security system are 2.7 times more likely to be targeted by a burglar. This would mean that 1st response alarms are a great way to fend off burglars from entering your home. In the case that burglars still target your home, security systems would warn you long enough for you to take your family to a safe location.
- They protect your homes from fire. Most people believe that home security systems are only all about intrusions but they are also a great way to ward off potential fires. In fact, security systems would be able to detect the presence of smoke and any source of heat inside a home which can help you prevent fire before it could even start.
- They protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is dangerous because it cannot be detected by the human senses. It can be released from the stoves, burning wood or charcoal. Home security systems come with carbon monoxide detectors so if there is ever a carbon monoxide leak, these detectors would be able to discover it.
- They give you and your family peace of mind. Knowing there is a system in place that is designed to protect you and your family, it would help give you and all the members of your household peace of mind.
- They protect your valuables. Home security systems are not only designed to help your family stay safe, they also protect your valuables.