Podiatry is a medical specialty that deals with problems of the feet. It will diagnose and treat various deformities, injuries and diseases affecting the feet and ankles, especially those of young kids. Should you have problems with their feet, consult children’s podiatrist in Sydney for appropriate treatment. The podiatrist can help cure the problem of your children’s feet.
Where to Start
If you’re searching for children’s podiatrist in Sydney, you can find few good resources. You can start with the search by asking a family doctor for recommendations. You can also check their affiliation with a podiatry board or medical association.
Another helpful resource to consider is your insurer. Depending on the insurance you have availed, they can provide podiatrists that have participated in your plan. The insurance company can provide you a list of podiatrists where you can choose from. If you choose those outside your coverage, you may need to shell out from your pocket to pay them. So, check with your insurance company to avoid surprises.
What to Ask Your Chosen Podiatrist
Before you make an appointment with your preferred podiatrist, you need to know things about them and what they can do to treat your children.
- Ask if they’re still accepting new patients? Most established practices have stopped accepting new patients. Their services may be full hence, you need to ask for referrals.
- Where the practice is situated? Most people seeking services of a podiatrist may need to find their office conveniently situated near their home, work or school.
- What are their office hours? You need to know their working hours to schedule an appointment. Sometimes, a children’s podiatrist in Sydney can extend their working hours late and on weekend hours just to accommodate their patients.
- Does the office have a laboratory or x-ray machine? Most people prefer to have these services offered at a podiatrist’s office for convenience.
- Who covers the podiatrist whenever he is out of the office? Sometimes, a substitute can be around to cover-up the work of a podiatrist. Check their schedules before coming to the clinic.
- Is the podiatrist qualified and certified? You need to check if the children’s podiatrist in Sydney has a qualified licence to work as such. Also, ask if they have had extensive years of experience, so they can easily find an appropriate treatment for your kids’ feet.