Visiting Niagara Falls from Toronto has become easier with the debut of the GO train service between the two stations. The weekday train service between the two stations will help the tourists to plan an amazing trip to the Niagara Falls. The seasonal weekend trip between the two stations in the past was very successful and there is a lot of enthusiasm for the weekday service.
Here are some interesting facts about the new train service.
- The GO train service started four years before the proposed 2023 timeline announced by the government. The trains will operate from the currently existing stations in Niagara Falls and St. Catharines. Tourists visiting Niagara falls can now enjoy the scenic Niagara falls ferry ride, visit the other tourist attractions in the Niagara park and head back to Toronto by boarding the Go train.
- The GO train will leave the Niagara Falls GO station at 5:19 a.m. It will reach the St. Catharines station by 5:30 a.m. The GO train will have seven additional stops before it reaches the Union station in Toronto. The train starting from the Union station at 5:15 p.m. will reach Niagara Falls at 7:47 P.m.
- The GO train will take two hours and thirty one minutes to travel the distance between Niagara Falls and Toronto. Though it is not the fastest route, travelling by this train will allow commuters to escape the peak traffic of the QEW. The train starting at 5:19 a.m. from Niagara Falls will reach the Toronto station by 7:50 a.m.
- The cost of the GO train tickets between the two stations is CAD 22.30 for adults and CAD 19.80 for presto card for a single journey.
- Taking the GO trains is the most efficient way to reach Niagara, Ontario. It helps the visitors to save time and money, and escape the traffic rush. The GO transit buses ferry the passengers from the Go stations to the downtown Niagara-on-the-lake. Visitors can hire Niagara falls ferry ride, visit the observatory desk and enjoy the other attractions near the Niagara falls. Visitors can also hire a taxi from the station to reach the downtown, where most of the attractions are located.